Friday, May 1, 2009

Best Gift of My Life!

Last night, David finally got to cash in his long-awaited (yes, I say that with a huge amount of irony) anniversary present from me... tickets to see Flight of the Conchords at the Fox!!


It's such a pretty theater... I wish I had thought to take pictures inside.


Look how happy we are!!

The show was hilarious, even though I'm too cheap for HBO and haven't seen the television version.

Even better, David gave me a gift, which he had been describing all week as "life-altering" and "an experience more than a gift."



That's right--a commemorative race t-shirt with a picture of my Maggie Roo on the front. Notice how unlike a runner she looks. Poor baby.



I need to explain the back... after the race, I was telling David and his mom about how in Triathlons, there are special divisions for bigger participants. If you meet a certain weight requirement, you can enter in the "Athena" division for women and the "Clydesdale" division for men. We decided that Maggie most definitely qualified for the Athena Dog division... and, since we got 4th place overall in puppy-owner pairs, AND she was the only plump puppy, she WON the Athena Division!

Go Maggie Roo!

No comments:

Post a Comment