Monday, September 28, 2009

Law School Prom

Sometime in the winter, David's law school has a prom. They call it Barrister's Ball, or something like that...but you have to have a prom-ish dress. Since the whole world knows I'm cheap, I've been on the lookout for sales anywhere and everywhere.
And I won!
This dress cost...wait for it...

TEN DOLLARS!
I had to do a little work to it first, though. I cut off a silly bow on the front (but forgot to take a picture of it before I did, sigh).
I had been debating whether to keep the ring of tulle at the bottom. You can see my struggle to evaluate whether I like it with pictures... but setting the self timer, running across the room, and folding the tulle under didn't give me an accurate representation.
You can see how Maggie was trying to help... Good dog!!
In the end, I cut off the tulle.
For $10, I might even add some puff paint and make it totally original.
Just kidding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment