Monday, January 7, 2013

Meal Plan Monday

In meal planning this week, I pulled out favorite, favorite cookbook.  I've had it for years and it's reached that beautiful disgustingness that only a well-loved cookbook reaches.  The pages have texture.

The of this week's recipes came from  The Food You Crave, written by Ellie Krieger.  I love, love, love this book.  Some of the recipes for food David asks for every week (turkey meatballs, etc) came from here.
Basically, it's comfort food made healthier.  Can't beat that!

I'm also trying to plan in one meal where all/most of the ingredients are shelf-stable.  That way, we can have an easy home-cooked meal if we choose to stay home but I won't worry about food waste if we bump it to go out.  This week, it's BBQ Chicken Corn Soup.  I've also got some freezer meals for this purpose, but my supply is getting pretty low.



Sunday: Mushroom Barley "Risoto", Salad  (This is from the Ellie Krieger book but I can't find a link online...sorry)
Monday: Tortellini Soup, Beer Bread
Tuesday: Teriaki Pork Tenderloin, Baked Beans, Peas
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta, Salad
Friday: Possibly dine out, with BBQ Chicken Corn Soup as back-up plan
Saturday morning: Texas Style Breakfast Casserole-- David requested this and brought the recipe home from work.  The least I can do is accommodate, right?
Saturday evening: Our nephew Liam's birthday party--bake a Bundt Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment