Monday, February 23, 2009

An alternate, but not true, story



David sat down, man to man with Alan "Poppa Bear" Brownback.

"Sir, I want to marry your daughter."

"Do you have a job?"

"Well, no but, I have been offered an internship that would pay roughly $1/hour."

"You know, I've always doubted my daughter's ability to find a man who could support her. You're not really doing a whole lot to dispel those myths. I have this stray cat at my clinic. Would you rather have that? It would complain and nag a whole lot less."

"Yeah, I think I'll take the cat."

David left Lyndon the proud owner of the little cat named Veronica Breadbasket. He didn't manage to put a ring on his girlfriend's finger yet... in fact, that is most likely farther away now, considering the $76 trip to target that followed to buy kitty accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment