Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ring on finger!

Yay! It happened!




Here's the story...



On Saturday I had plans to have dinner with my friend Tara at Wasabi, which happens to be across the street from David's apartment. Being a caring, loving girlfriend, I brought him a pizza from the Mack (he loves that BLT pizza) and promised him I would come by after dinner. He called and texted a couple of times during dinner wanting me to give him a 15 minute warning before I came back so that he could make sure he was home from running errands. I thought it was weird, but I did--David's usually not needy like that.




After dinner, he met me in the hall and led me to his door. It was all dark and he had lit a path of candles from the door to the table in the living room. On the table where a TON more candles and the ring box. He said to open it up and when I did it had a key chain in it. I turned around with the key chain and he was holding the ring out to me. He said, "Will you marry me?"



Ahhhh.


Of course, I said yes. Then we split the bottle of wine that came free with the ring purchase. I love a freebie!



We joked later that it was just "confirming our appointment" since I have already reserved a church, bought a dress, and told everyone I know. We're cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment