Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Couches!

David and I enjoyed a relatively low-key fourth (after getting silly drunk the night before with Tara and Dan). Most of the day, we spent shopping for couches. We found ones we liked and a good deal on top.

Yay couches!

Their ugly step sisters (my previous couches) have been banished to the basement.

The only family member who isn't thrilled about their arrival is Maggie-Roo. Unfortunately, she's not welcome to enjoy them in any form and has already started pouting.

On Tuesday, we're getting a table and stand thing for near our door...we weren't planning on getting a new table this quickly, but last Sunday David, Mike (David's brother in law), and I attempted to refinish my previous table. Turns out this wasn't the one-day job we anticipated, because after three people worked for 5 hours we only had the top of the table sanded down. This sucker has layer after layer on it and required two (TWO) thick coats of paint stripper.

So, after David told me in rather unhappy terms that he does not enjoy working on old furniture, we decided to buy a new set and allow me to work on our old set slowly. This is a much better solution to me freaking out because we don't have a table and spending 12 hours a day working on it. After I get the table/chairs finished, they'll go to the basement where they can be used for poker or other nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment