Friday, November 11, 2011

MIA

Yeah, I've been MIA for almost two weeks now.

Whoopsey--being a "working mom" is a little more time consuming than I anticipated.  It turns out that all I really want to do in the evenings (after the baby is fed, bathed, asleep, and packed for the next day) is either chug some cheap wine or go to sleep.

And by cheap wine I mean the sweetest wine I can find.  Lately it's either been moscato or this blackberry local one.  My only requirement is that it's cold and sweet.  It would probably be cheaper and more effective to buy some kool-aide and load it with some vodka.    But wine feels more grown up :)

So what's happened in the last two weeks?  Well, I turned 30.  It was probably the most low-key party I've had... celebrating kind of takes a back seat when there's a baby and you're exhausted.  Saturday, I did manage an awesome "fancy" birthday dinner at the melting pot with three of my besties.  Of course I only took a picture of three of us, but that's ok :)
I had never eaten at the melting pot before and was impressed at 1a) the quantity of food-- holy cheese, salad, veggies, meat, and chocolate! and 2b) the cute flirt of a waiter we had.  Yow-za! 

On Monday (my actual birthday), I wasn't able to take Mac to daycare because of a fever, so I spent the day at home.  It was a little lonely, but nice to get some snuggle time in with my guy.  That evening, my friend Martha (green scarf above) came over and watched Big Mac while David and I went out to dinner.   We went to Sam's Steakhouse, which was A-MAZ-ZING.  I wish it fit into "regular" dinner budget, because CHEESE AND RICE that was a good meal.  We had some lobster ravioli that I might have been willing to sell a kidney for.  Holy Crap.

Once I woke up from my food coma, all was good :)

Since I last blogged, Mac also has started shooting liquids out in ways that I do not appreciate.  He managed to puke both in my MOUTH and EYE this week, which was horrible.  When he puked in my mouth, we were playing airplane and he had some impeccable aim.  I seriously have never been so close to throwing a baby in my life.  Luckily, David was there and took over parenting while I brushed my teeth and showered.  Of course, while I was doing this, Mac pooped all over his changing table.
Last night, he peed on the couch.

Babies are gross.
But cute!

1 comment: