Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cruise!

You may or may not have noticed that I mentioned being out of town for 10 days in my meal plan post. 

David and I went on a cruise...without Maclin!  I didn't mention it here (or facebook, or anywhere really) before leaving because I have ridiculous fear that someone is going to read that we're gone, connect the dots, and rob us.  Not that we really have anything worth stealing, but that's not the point.  People out in internet land don't know that, right?

At any rate, we went on a cruise!  It was fantastic... a little rough to leave my big man, but altogether a good time.  David and I hadn't been anywhere alone in a very long time (I'm thinking it had been over 2 1/2 years since even a weekend trip) and it was great to reconnect as a couple, not just as parents.

Maclin stayed with my parents for the duration.  Thank goodness for grandparents who are willing to take your child at the drop of a hat!  Because, you see, David and I left for this trip on the 17th...and booked it on the 6th.  Nothing like short-term planning, right?

In order to get Maclin to my parents, we drove to KC on Friday the 16th, handed Mac off at my brother's house, and drove to David's grandparents where we slept for about 3 1/2 hours before heading to the airport.  On the plane I napped while taking breaks to stop David's snoring. 


We arrived in Miami, where it was wonderfully warm...and suddenly the lack of sleep didn't matter.  We were on vacation!  Woot!  Woot!


 We spent a day at sea, where most of our pictures looked like this.

Yep, self-portraits of us in the same position but with different clothes.  Because nothing says vacation like 13 variations of the same picture.

The day at sea was fantastic... we slept in until 11:30, ate, swam, read, played bingo, drank, listened to music, and took pictures in all the corny photo booths.  Pretty much we just enjoyed each others company.  Glorious.

On our third day, we went to our first port in Jamaica.  We had a blast there.  First we took a mini-boat tour of the island, where David served as captain.

We got to see Mick Jagger's old house, Mick Jagger's current house, and some shed where they filmed a Bond movie.  Oh, and the pretty island.

At the end of the tour we got dropped off at Dunn River Falls.  OMG.  Have you ever heard of this?  We WALKED up a waterfall!

It was, hands down, one of the coolest things I have ever done.  Wikipedia tells me that they are 180 feet high and 600 feet long.  It was so awesome to climb these and play in the water. 

The next day we went to Grand Cayman, but I took a lot of pictures that day on a different camera and have to wait to get the pictures.  I'll give you guys an update on that when the pictures are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment