Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Back in the saddle

I took a long break from blogging for Spring Break and an unexpected snow day yesterday, but I'm back.

Since I skipped yesterday, here's our meal plan for this week.

Sunday: Slow Cooker Cilantro-Lime Chicken Tacos, Rice
Monday: Skinny Mac and Alfredo, Artichoke Chicken
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Beefy Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups, Salad
Thursday: Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole, Salad
Friday: Chicken & Minestrone Soup, Bread
Saturday: Out and About

So, while I was gone, Mac and I took the train to Kansas, I got to snuggle a 7 week old, David and I went to Nashville, we built a snowman, I ran 11 miles and 12 miles (on the Saturdays), we went to the Butterfly House, had an Easter egg hunt, AND we put our house back on the market.  There are probably other things I'm forgetting, but still... not too shabby.

I'll do a separate post of some of the big Spring Break things, but on Friday both David and I were off work and we decided to take Mac Attack to the Butterfly House in Chesterfield.  You know, do something besides watching basketball, ahem.

I thought the Butterfly House was awesome.  Mac loved the play area outside of the butterfly room...and loved the butterflies.  The real problem was HOW MUCH Mac loved the butterflies--unfortunately, we got a big speech before we entered about how fragile they are and how touching them KILLS THEM.  Mac did not understand and there was some drama as I scrambled to save their lives.



He yells at every camera he sees now..weird, but cute.




Luckily, there were no known casualties and we exited happily.

Following the butterflies, there was a park AND a carousel.

Unfortunately for Mac, they made us share a horse.  He looks a little swashed, right?
 

1 comment: