Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a happy Easter yesterday! 

Our Easter week started last Saturday with our church Easter Egg Hunt.  Mac did surprisingly well for the first 90 seconds... then just wanted to dump the eggs.  Still fun, though.







He also got the opportunity to meet the Easter Bunny.  In light of his previous FREAK OUTS with sports mascots and the fact that we wanted him to be pleasant for the egg hunt, we didn't force a hug or a picture.  Mac chose to wave hello to him from a safe distance.  He kept staring at him and didn't seem scared, which is promising.


Since the hunt was at a park, we had some digging time.  Mac LOVED it.



 On Easter Day, we went to our church with David's family.  We got there super early because, even though there were 6 services, The Gathering can really pack the house.  Our Pastor Matt encouraged us to take a picture of the crowd and share on social media.

Mac dressed up for the day...in an outfit my aunt bought for him for my sister's wedding with he was 2 months old... I think she purchased it for the vest and tie, but it worked out really well for today since the 2T suit fit perfectly.


 In fact, David and I dressed up too.  Don't we all look snazzy as a family?

 After church I made Easter Brunch for the family at our house.  It was SO MUCH less stressful for me than trying to keep Mac happy at a restaurant during nap time.  

Here was the menu...
  • Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper Quiche
  • Texas-Style Egg Casserole
  • Biscuits and Gravy
  • Turkey Bacon
  • Turkey Sausage Patties
  • Donuts
  • Crossaints
  • Orange Danish Rolls
  • Peach Cobbler
  • Lemon Cream Pie
Whew... needless to say, I was STUFFED when the meal was over.  Luckily, my mother-in-law Debra cleaned my kitchen.  We're the perfect match--I love to cook but hate to clean and she's the opposite.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment