Monday, April 13, 2009

A Royal Easter (witty, witty)




David and I traveled to the jewel of East-Central Kansas for Easter festivities...and it was seriously one of the best weekend I can remember.
We left St. Louis on Thursday evening...the drive was terrible, but we did meet Martha and Melanie in Columbia for dinner at David's all-time favorite burger place. I hadn't eaten at Booches before, but it was phenomenal.
When we got to Lyndon...well after midnight...David finally met Kyle. And then we went to bed about 15 minutes later. I get up far too early to be fun late at night.
Friday we went to Osage where Kyle paid off his car, I talked to Rick at the bank about loans, Kyle ate at Sonic (apparently, there are no Sonics in Rhode Island), I showed off my ring at the dentist office (yeah, it's weird, but I like them), David ate a sandwich in a parking lot, and we bought groceries. David got questioned on his Mizzou apparel no less than 8 times on that trip. We've got to buy him some purple.
That night we ate with my paternal grandparents at the best rib place in the whole world. Seriously, I love it so much that I make Mom and Dad order an extra slab so that I can take it home. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm.
Saturday we drove to LaCygne so that David could meet my maternal grandfather (Mom informed me that when you decide to get married quickly you have to back track on the relative meeting circuit). David got to look at a hog barn and take a shot of my uncle Kenny's homemade schnapps. He also met Uncle Larry and Uncle Kenny that day.

Then we went to the Royal's game! It was a blast... My friend Erin happened to be at the game...which was a good surprise, especially when we were required to shotgun beers in celebration of our engagement. I've been informed that I actually knew that Erin would be at the game weeks ago...but I forgot. Ooops.
The stadium is awesome...completely renovated. They have a carousel, putt-putt golf, bar, and mini stadium. Sure, the Royals lost...but I had fun anyway. How could I not? I got to meet Slugger and see a the Statue of Liberty!
The drive home was fun, especially since Cher and David devoured some dip I made (what? Cher? No!) and managed to get it all over my jeans and my shoes. Cute.
Sunday, Mom made 11 different food items for our Easter lunch. And I am still full... Cher's parents came down and My Uncle John, Uncle Larry, Aunt Sue, and cousins Marc and Adam also joined us for lunch. Despite a few Mizzou comments, David seemed to do pretty well in a sea of relatives and new names. He initially failed the mandatory name quiz, but I think he'll study up in time for the reception.

1 comment:

  1. did your mom buy david royals gear once you got inside?

    ReplyDelete