Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A whole evening with no wedding/house talk!






We did it! I didn't think I had it in me, but David and I managed to sit through an entire baseball game and dinner without discussing the wedding or buying a house.

It's a miracle.

The game was fun...even though it managed to snow on us and the Cardinals choked in the end. However, because it was opening day, we got to see the Clydesdales AND a bald eagle named Lewis.

On another note, I signed the contract for the 8/1 reception hall. South Broadway Athletic Club, here I come. During the signing, I managed to score *free* tickets to see the Memories of Elvis show...it was a blast. Elvis, Buddy Holly, some horrid Barbershop Quartet (called the Rivertown Sound...but our table buddy informed us they were the Rivertown Clowns) and a kid in 8th grade that everyone kept calling "The NEXT American Idol...in 2012." Al, the crotchety old manager, informed us that, for the bargain price of $1600, we could have the WHOLE SHOW at our wedding. Then, some couple renewed their vows with Elvis.

I'm tempted, but I'd rather spend the money on booze. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment