Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Careful, he doesn't have dental insurance!

Saturday, David and I had an appointment with Al at South Broadway Athletic Club to finalize things for the reception. As we drove up, David read the marquee and about had a panic attack.

South Broadway Athletic Club was hosting wrestling that night! David quickly bought two tickets and reserved ring-side seating... I wasn't entirely sure I was interested, but I'm a good sport.

First, though, I had to go tie-dye a shirt at a Breast Cancer Benefit. The bar lived up to stereotypes about tie-dye wearing people by using creative spelling...

Pic'n Lic'n is spelled correctly, as far as I know :)

From the bar straight to the locale where we will formally celebrate our love...but set up for wrestling.

We sat near a group of guys who heckled the entire time...to my delight and "true" fans dismay. The girl sitting in front of us informed her boyfriend, "Hey Curtis, I think we's sitting by a bunch 'o mo-rons."

The wrestler here is named Shaft...and the grandma below was not his fan.


There he is, reacting in shock as she slaps her rump and tells him to "Kiss This, Shaft!"
The guy with the face paint was fighting one of the "LumberJacks" who were brothers who won some tag-team thing...I like the tights paired with the flannel.
Classic.
Here, Destiny Diamond is fighting some other girl...maybe called Alexis or something. They only lasted 4 minutes, but happened to be a crowd favorite :)

During this fight, someone in the crowd heckled the little guy, calling him a dwarf. Dwarfy got upset, shouting "Shut up" back to the crowd.
The other guy was informed that Steak and Shake wanted their pattern back...but he took the heckling like a man.
Captain Underpants here was the main event...but his match ended in a draw. Seriously...isn't this made up wrestling?? How can they not pick a winner??
Got to love the paper mask.

Moon Dog loses to another of the Lumberjacks...but Moon Dog barked every time he got slugged.

It was fantastic.
I'll say this last part, at the risk of sounding like a snob. I've never been in a room before where I felt like I was the most attractive person there. However, on Saturday, David and I were, hands down, the most attractive people in the room.
You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment