Monday, June 8, 2009

Welcome to Craftapolis


Lately, especially since I'm off work for the summer, I've been reading FAR too many wedding blogs. These are bad news bears for me. I see some amazingly creative girl who has mad crafting abilities and decide that I can make that too. We're talking girls who hand-sew their aisle runners and letterpress (I don't even know what that means) invitations, thank yous and seating for every single guest after hiring calligraphers to address the invitations.

These girls are not me.

Despite this, I continue to try...even though the result is a random feather living on my dining room table.

Here's the flavor labels for the cupcakes. They match the cupcake stands I made... those aren't done because the paint chips when they're moved...so I'm waiting until after we close on the house :)

I also made a hair do-bob. I'm going to try making a floppy flower by hand so this might not actually make the cut.

Here's guest books that I made...the first attempt didn't work and I was too furious to take a picture. Turns out that Elmer's glue makes fabric see-through.

The other option for guest book is one that Mom bought at Hallmark. I can return...votes?

I also sewed some thingies for the girls that are helping me out...but since they're probably the only people who read this drivel, no pictures here :)

Thanks to my friend Jess, I did take a break from wedding central to take Maggie Roo (and her puppy Franklin) to the dog park. Maggie loves the pool!





1 comment:

  1. I gotta tell ya--nobody remembers the guest book. Sorry Darcie. They remember the band and/or the DJ. Don't mess with perfection. Your mom's choice looks great...I can't make a judgment on your creation based on your picture. Try a different angle. I tried to get crafty for my wedding in '95. It lasted one night. But I had to get out of my system and move to more important decisions. Guest books take some abuse and your handiwork might be for not. Don't sweat the small stuff. Stay strong

    ReplyDelete