Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ball Gown

So I need to wear a ball gown to my uncle's inauguration in January...and my sister-in-law Cher, and I decided that long dresses are the way to go.

Which is awesome because long dresses are warmer and I won't need to shave (kidding).

However, not so awesome because I don't already own a long ball gown... I do have several short fancy dresses, but I'm nothing if not a follower of crowds, so I'll look for a long dress.

Here's something that popped up in a sale alert today....
Silk chiffon Taryn long dress

It's a little out of my price range, but I like that it looks comfy.  The Nanc-in-ator and I are going shopping over winter break, so I'll keep you updated.  My google image search of Gubernatorial Ball Gowns was less than helpful, so any help you can send my way would be amazing!

I figure I can wear pretty much whatever I want and I'm bound to top my Uncle Jim, who apparently bought a tux on Ebay.  The rumor is that it was $13.00, but we're not sure if it included shipping or not.  Bets are being taken about whether it's powder blue or comes with a bolo tie.  I'm banking on bolo tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment