I also found a bunch of advice that I was given at a couple of my showers. Some of it made me laugh out loud, so I thought I would share a selection with you.
You might notice that this advice has a wide range...which is probably explained by saying that the age range of people at my shower varied from 16 to 83. See if you can guess which ones were younger and which were older. :)
- Get a king size bed.
- Respect each other's space.
- Keep God in your marriage.
- Slow down so you don't poop in the park. (Long story that I should probably blog about)
- Don't drink tequilla! You want to keep this one. (Another long story...)
- Treat each other with the same respect you do your friends.
- You can be right, but you don't have to convince David...just know it yourself.
- The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
- Always make him think things are his idea.
- Just make him happy.
- Buy lots of cereal.
- Always find time to have fun together.
And my two favorites come from my grandmothers... you might be able to pick up on the distinct personality differences between them.
- Never take on a new chore as it will be your job from then on. (Grandma Stainbrook)
- Be very helpful and let him rest. (Grandma Brownback)
I'm not going to lie, I took Grandma Stainbrook's to heart. Sorry Grandma Brownback :)