Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stop and Go

Lately, I've been all about the stop and go blogging.  I'll get a good solid week in, and then be absent.  Mostly, it's because I'll have a spurt of energy, write a bunch of posts and schedule them to post later on.  Tricky, huh?

Maclin and I have been having a rough couple of days.  On Tuesday, a girl I went to high school with lost her 4 month old baby.  She lives in my hometown and Mom told me that it was likely SIDS.  I can't even fathom how destroyed she must feel.  When I heard, I had already put Maclin down for the night.  He started fussing a little bit and, instead of soothing him back to sleep like I normally do, I got him out of bed and snuggled.

I didn't care about the schedule or routine we've been trying to establish--I needed to hug my baby boy.  Instead of worrying about how to make my transition back to work easier, I need to love Mac and focus on the moment.

Mac didn't sleep well that night and has been weirdly fussy since then.  He hadn't been napping well at all and just acts like he doesn't feel right.  So, I took him to the doctor today. Luckily, the doctor believes it's likely gas.

I hate being that mom that freaks out about nothing and storms into the doctor's office, but my doctor was very reassuring--saying he would much prefer to see a child for "nothing" than not see a child that needs to be seen.  Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment