Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our toy system

Mac, like a lot of kidlets, has a lot of toys.  We often feel overrun in our tiny house with all the baby junk that accumulates--so I decided to wrangle the toy situation once and for all.

Enter the basket solution.

Mac gets one basket of toys out in our living room.  With the exception of two larger items (a push walker thing and a sit-on excavator), if it doesn't fit in the basket, it's not accessible to him.

Because Mac has generous people in his life, he has way more toys than fit in the basket.  I keep them packed away in a few tubs.  When Mac (and by Mac I mean the things I assume Mac thinks) gets bored with some toys, I swap out the toys in the basket for one of the reserved tubs.  There are a few of my favorites (the push popper and tub of shapes) that stay consistently, but almost everyone gets the swap treatment.

I switched out the toys last night--and it was like Christmas came this morning.






1 comment:

  1. We basket too! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it...makes me feel like an adult at the end of day to clear the house of stray toys.

    Oh.My.God. That ball...."Roll me!" I want to kill that ball.

    ReplyDelete