Friday, October 19, 2012

Back Home.

I've been absent for a week.  I've decided to take this week off weekly Peace Corps emails in favor of a life update.

On Saturday, my little sister flew into St. Louis and we drove to Kansas to be with family after the death of another family member.  It was a sad reason to get together, but it was good to be able to support each other and remember Adam.  Growing up, he was one of my favorite people to spend time with at family events--always with a joke to crack and enthusiasm for whatever food he could convince Grandma to send home with him.  He had a kind heart and I will miss him.

Mac came home with me for the trip.  I was hesitant to bring him, but it turned out well.  He sprinted back and forth in my grandparent's home, laughing and grabbing for breakables.  He made things a little less somber at time and it was good for him to spend some time bonding with his great-grandparents, great aunts, great uncles, and the plethora of extended family we have.

Plus, he got to ride a tractor.



We returned to St. Louis on Tuesday evening.  Since Lindy's flight wasn't until nearly 8pm on Wednesday, she opted to watch Mac all day on Wednesday.  Around 11:30 I got a text saying, "Should I keep feeding him until he stops eating?  He's had a big lunch."  Turns out, my little stinker ate 8 mini corn dogs, a package of Easy Mac, a banana, a package of mandarin oranges, AND some applesauce.

I said that she could probably end lunch.

Mac definitely knew he could convince Aunt Lindy to keep feeding him.  :)

Thanks for your patience while I was absent.  I'll try to get things running better next week--and give you some meal plans by Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment