Tuesday, October 23, 2012

First Haircut

On Saturday, my little man turned 15 months old and had his first hair cut.

I wasn't sure I wanted him to have a haircut--I have always been a big fan of the baby look and worried that he would start looking like a toddler without his mullet.

So here it is, one last shot of his glorious mane.

 Is it bad that I LOVED that I could put it in a pony tail?  It was so curly and blond!
 But also so in his eyes, all the time.


We went to a speciality kid's salon.  Because I am a sucker, we opted for the 1st haircut package.

Yep, sucker, but Mac enjoyed the continual stream of milk, fruit loops, and fruit snacks.  I had a long conversation with the hairdresser about how it was VITAL that Mac still look like a baby after the trim.  We made it through with minimal tears.



 Well, maybe I got a little teary.

After the haircut, we decided to capitalize on the nice day and go to a pumpkin patch.  Since we have been out of town nearly every weekend this month, I had been HOUNDING David for weeks to go to a pumpkin patch.  I'm not really sure why I thought hounding was the way to go--he always agreed and has enjoyed pumpkin patches himself.  Maybe I was worried that it would be something we would just forget to do and I would wake up in November, full of sadness and regret? 

Who knows?  All I know is that our now short-haired little man LOVED the pumpkins,




the wagons,


and the trackers.  Although David looks like the happy one in this picture :)

 We even got my favorite picture of the day--can you believe everyone was looking at the camera??  It's a Halloween miracle!



No comments:

Post a Comment