Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Day Off

Yesterday, I had the day off work for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. 

It was glorious. I love a day off!

I woke up at 6am and managed to get a 5 mile run AND a shower in before either Mac or David was out of bed.  I know that waking up at 6 isn't most people's idea of a good day off--but that's a full 90 minutes later than my usual time, so 6am felt amazing to me.

Since Mac had an overactive bladder the night before, he needed a morning bath.  After the bath, we decided to dress casually.



He's a stud, yes?

 We then attempted to take his 18 month sticker photographs, but he was significantly more interested in putting his milk on his head.


After that, we loaded up and headed to JCPenney for his real 18 month pictures.  Let me just say that he is getting WAAAY too active for studio shots.  Mac spent the majority of his time trying to run into the hallway.  Cute, but not helpful.  I'm glad we had family portraits taken in December outdoors with a real photographer...these were not really up to snuff.  On the plus side, I only spent about $20 on the whole shabang.  Pictures are way cheaper when you don't really like them.

In the afternoon, during nap time, my friend Tara came over and we sewed some curtains for her nursery.  She's due in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm excited to find out what she's going to name their little man!

Before dinner (a crock pot dinner, thank goodness), Mac and I headed to the Y where he went to his second swimming lesson.  The kid does not know fear.  It is a zero-depth entry pool and he just walks right in--as far as he can until he can't touch.  I kind of wanted to see what would happen when he couldn't touch--if he would start swimming or something--but the other moms were giving me the stink eye so I redirected.  But the kid LOVES swimming lessons.  It's like extended bath time in a HUGE tub. 

After Mac's bedtime, I headed to my Busy Mom's Core Group through my church.  Whew, it was a long day.  I kind of wish I had today off too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment