Friday, August 21, 2009

David's First 5K

The week before our wedding, David ran his first 5k. The man was super dedicated and trained with passion. I was so proud of him!The first race shirt.
It's snazzy.
I was more than a little jealous.David was just a little worried that there was an ambulance available...but posed for a picture next to it in the hopes it wouldn't be necessary.
And we never used it! Yay!Welcome Runners!
That's David's "I'm tough" face.And they're off!Here comes David up the 1 mile hill...And there he goes! Speedy!Coming up to the finish line...Getting closer...Almost done...
FINISHED!
He earned that water and half a banana!
Wooo-hoooo!

And there's my guy, enjoying his post-race stretch.
So deserved!

I had a blast that morning too...even though we had to leave before 6. I'd never watched a race before and it was more fun than I had anticipated. I hope David keeps racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment