Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hometown Reception

We celebrated the last event in our wedding month this weekend with the hometown reception/hogroast.
It was a blast. Dr. Bob smoked 140 lbs of Boston Pork Butt (which is actually the shoulder, I learned) and 24 chickens on nothing but hickory wood and Mom and Dad ordered 15 30-packs of beer. We think somewhere around 200 people came over to the house--people I've known my whole life and hadn't seen in ages. Wonderful.
I didn't take a single picture at the party.
Not one.
It's a shame, but I'm hoping I'll get some emailed to me (hint, hint) or posted on http://darcieanddavid.shutterfly.com/
Here's hoping :)
I did, however, take pictures of the awesome mushrooms we found in the field.Huge!
And lots of them!They were gross on the inside......which I found out when David threw one at me. I love my new husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment