Sunday, October 4, 2009

Our Glorious Gift...

Mom and Dad arrived Saturday afternoon, carrying the most amazing thing I've ever received.

Isn't it beautiful? No, not the pillows...the chest that Dad hand-made our of antique Walnut and then lined with cedar.
It's so shiny and pretty!!!





And, I think it matches the pillows I made last weekend perfectly. There is wood from both of my grandfather's farms and just glows. I know I'm dwelling, but I really like it. Apparently, while they were loading the chest into the vehicle, my mom had a little spill...and, well, let's just say that she's showing a lot more damage than the chest was. Mom's sore, but I'm really impressed that the chest didn't shatter into a million pieces.







A lot of the wood in it is the same wood Dad used to build my desk and the stand our tv is on. He built both of these in the mid-70's when he and Mom were first married. Somehow, I managed to snag them.
















I think it also matches the dresser in that room, which my grandpa Brownback built in the 40's, when he was a sophomore in high school. Yeah, I totally scored on the old family furniture. I think it's mostly because I really like walnut. And because I'm a shameless mooch.
Just because I'm a nerd, here's a picture of the cork board I painted and covered with ribbon...see how well it matches?

No comments:

Post a Comment