Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chilaxing

Around Mom and Dad's visit, David and I had a pretty full weekend planned. Like always, right?

Friday, David had 2 softball games. It was pretty darn chilly outside, so I ended up staying home and putting the finishing touches on our long-awaited delivery...
That's right! We got some furniture for our porch!!!!! Two chairs and a table...just in time for winter to set in :)
Do you notice the pots my mums are in? Oh yes, they are the wedding cupcake stands, repurposed to add a pop of color. I need to figure out a way to scatter them around and whatnot, but it's a good start.
And, I kind of need to clean the porch. Owning a home is a lot of work!




After the game was over, we headed out to meet my buddy Kelly at a total Hoosier bar in South County. Since I'm not drinking until the Marathon (yes, lame, I suck), I ordered a water...and was brought a bottle of water. At a bar! AND charged $1. Seriously? But the band was fun and I got some pictures with Captain Morgan. The keyboardist even asked my friend if I was single...nope, I'm taken by the man with the beautiful lion's mane of hair.
Saturday, I had a twelve mile run (Yay Taper!!!) and then kickball. David's not on my kickball team, but came along to watch. After seeing our team flounder and fail (we are terrible, for real), David "volunteered" to play the second game. He was promptly voted MVP, based solely on the fact that he didn't make any ridiculous mistakes.
Then Ma and Pa showed up, bearing a car load full. But that's another post.
I put Dad to work and then we headed to dinner. We went to Mama Campisi's on the Hill. O. M. G. Seriously. Best Meal Ever. MMMMMMMMMMMMM. YUMMY. DROOL.
That's enough of that. But it was wonderful.
And then we went to Ted Drew's.
And then, after church, we went to a brunch buffet.
My pants don't fit....but it's totally worth it.

Sunday, after they left, David and I headed to the Cardinal's last home game...we didn't stay the whole time, but it was a beautiful day.



















And we're pretty cute too, right?








We also got to see our good friend Albert reach 185 assists. Once David explained to me what that meant, I was appropriately impressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment