Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekends...

David is officially 29...and has been since Thursday. I'm a little delayed on my posting :)
Wednesday, we went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Syberg's, with David's mom and sister. I love that place...especially the wings. We had two orders :)
Thursday, David's birthday, was the Mizzou v. Nebraska game...so David picked me up from work and we drove to Columbia through pouring rain. Due to my, um, lack of affection for sporting events, we had decided earlier that I would not attend the game. My decision was solidified by the rain...and David didn't fight me. He didn't want to sit next to cranky pants anymore than I wanted to BE cranky pants.
So David went to the game (after a slow-service meal with his dad) and sat by his drunk friend Brett. I hung out with Martha...and we baked.
Look at my awesome carrying case!!!
We made chocolate chocolate chip peppermint cookies and red velvet/cream cheese mini cupcakes for me to take to work on Friday. It really felt kind of shady to be baking treats that weren't for David on his birthday, but he assured me that he didn't want treats and "football is my sweet." Ok, so he didn't really say that...but he implied that.
So Mizzou lost, and David had me pick him up, wet and miserable at 11:30. We spent the night at Martha's and got up before 5 to drive back to St. Louis...since I had to be at work at 7.
I was cranky pants....driving to a meeting, I called David and picked a fight. Then I called back 3 minutes later to apologize. Being tired makes me cranky, but I am still able to realize when I am being irrational.
During a meeting, the heater in a building got turned on and dust on the system smoked and made the fire alarm go off...so...we got to stand outside in the rain while the fire department came.
Happy Friday. Happy Tired Friday.
I had been invited to a girls' night on Friday...so when I got home from work, I went on a run and then took off my cranky pants and put on pleasant person pants. The girls' night was blast...and I really needed it! I've been running so much to get ready for this marathon that I've been really AWOL on the social scene. You know, needing to get up super early on Saturday so I don't go anywhere on Friday and then too exhausted from my Saturday run to do anything that night...and running too much during the week to even consider leaving my home.
But the night was great... we met at Jess's. Eliza made fajitas, Amanda made margaritas (less than one week until I can drink again!), Tara made guacamole, and I brought cookies and cupcakes that I had hidden from people at school. We laughed and talked. Wonderful.
Speaking of running, I did my Thursday run in Friday this week (due to the Mizzou game and rain, ugh). After it was over, I stopped in a restroom at Clydesdale Park... I hadn't used this restroom before and actually noticed how clean and neat it was (weird for a park restroom). After I did my thing, I tried to flush. Nothing. No flushing.
I soiled that nice clean bathroom. Terrible.
Anyway... Saturday I did a short run (8 miles...thank you taper!) and then did housework the rest of the day. I somehow copied Syberg's wing sauce (oh yes I did!) and attempted to make wings. The only wing recipie I could find that didn't call for frying in a quart of oil involved breading and baking. So I did that and then tossed the wings in my dutch oven with the sauce. Dan and Tara weren't due over for a while, so I figured that would just keep things warm.
Um, they were warm, but the dutch oven had the same effect on the meat as if I had just stuck the wings in the crock pot all day. Yummy delicious, but falling off the bone and the flour added kind of a gummy texture.
Eh, I ate them anyway.
Today, we went to early church. The lack of sleep from Thursday finally caught up with me and I was a foul she-devil. So, after church, I took a nap. When I woke up from the nap, I decided to be productive...more housework.
For dinner, I made pizza. I am so proud--I made my own dough (easy peasy) and then 2 different kinds. The easy one had turkey sausage, red peppers, and olives. The FANCY one had the left over faux-Sybergs wings and sauce. OMG, I am very impressed by myself.
So...to make the Syberg's wing sauce you melt together
8 oz Durkee Hot Sauce
8 oz Durkee Famous Sauce
8 oz butter.
Yes, 1/2 lb of butter. This is why I didn't fry the wings. So good!!!!!
You can also just buy Syberg's sauce at area grocery stores, but it's significantly more expensive than making my own...and I'm going to see if I can rig up a cheaper version of the Famous Sauce too.
I'm such a tight wad!

No comments:

Post a Comment