Monday, November 16, 2009

K-State/Mizzou

David and I traveled to Kansas over the weekend to watch the K-State/Mizzou football game. It was a nice little trip...David had never been to Manhattan before (now, he only has 2 campuses in the Big 12 that he hasn't visited).



Because we fully expected a Wildcat win, Dad made David pose with a purple Bud Light before the game. David took it like a champ.



We took a quick pre-game tour of the sports complex and were able to break into the basketball arena. Outside, we posed for some pictures with "Mr. K-State."



David got the slapping he deserved :)


The lady in the background informed us that Mr. K-State used to date her aunt. And then she walked away. Creeeeeeeepy.



Thank God for land-grant universities! Where else on Earth would you stumble onto a booth that offered "FREE PORK SAMPLES."

I had to fight the band, but both David and I enjoyed a tasty hunk of the other white meat.



Ahhh... cute tailgating pictures. It wasn't super cold (AND, no rain!), especially after Dad filled me up with some fire water.

AND, happily, my friend Maren found our tailgate so we got to hang out a bit.

Happy day!

Inside, Mom and I found her dream Christmas present.

I think the sassy sash makes the purse.
During the game, David stole my camera....



(Ok, this one was my idea)


Look at that turkey leg!!! It was massive!! Between the two of us, we couldn't finish it!

Quickly, it became a sad day in Wildcat Land. We made NO (that's zero) touchdowns.


David gloated.


Some people are just poor winners.

Yep, definitely a poor winner.


After the game, we took a tour of the campus where we stopped in and saw my old boss Stormy, tried to eat ice cream at Call Hall (it was closed!!), and told (far) too many storied about Aggieville.
Then we drove straight to Williamsburg for ribs. I can't think of a single trip back to Kansas where we haven't had ribs.
You can see how classy a town Williamsburg is by the nice scenery we passed on our way into a bar.
Oh yes, someone has fenced off their toilet.
So close but still so far!
Sunday, we went to church and ate a fantastic turkey dinner that Mom prepared. Yummy!
Then we packed up...me in my backpack and David in his, um, grocery basket.
He's so cute. I just can't help myself.

We loaded up Maggie Roobearski in the car and drove back to St. Louis. We stopped at David grandparent's on the way to wish his grandpa a happy birthday. The drive back took FOREVER due to the nasty rain yuck outside.

Maggie's face says it all... get me out of this car. Even her squeaky chicken didn't help lighten the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment