Monday, November 23, 2009

I think bad pictures of me are more fun than the attractive pictures.

Therefore, I present a photo of me that's THISCLOSE to being frame-worthy.

Except for me. I ruined it. Man.... Kelly and Laura look darling too.

Oh well.

Yeah, I appear to have ruined all of the pictures in that series. Oh well.

All these are taken at Jive and Wail. The middle school had a happy hour where we got all you can eat appetizers and all you can drink beer for a couple hours.


So let's just say this girl had fun :)
That picture looks far worse than it should...I think I was just trying to show the pictures I had already taken and accidentally hit the flash.

Right?
Right.
The rest of my weekend was good. I decided to make some Pie Pops from bakerella.com over the weekend. That woman is a goddess and I, apparently, do not have the skills to make that work. Seriously...click on this http://www.bakerella.com/easy-as-pie/ and look at how great hers look.
Now here is my journey.

Step one: made grandma's never fail pie crust.
It didn't fail!

Step 2: Used a wine glass to cut out circles (because I have no circle cutter thing).


Step three: lay out all pretty and poke sticks on.

Step four: Put some filling in and pinch shut.
Here is where the breakdown happened... filly mooshed out of the little pies and was hard to wipe up. She talked about how she wanted more filling so I figured that was a price I needed to pay.

Step five (not pictured because...I forgot): bake

Step six: Eat! Except where the fruit stuff burnt a little, I think these taste great. They look...um, very not expert. But, heck. I am not an expert. This is not going to be a business.

Man, I wish someone would pay me to do a half-assed job of cooking. Heaven!
I also made MIL Debra's beer bread recipe. OMG. That is good stuff.
During the cooking, I dropped the corner of a pan on the top of my foot and was hurting too much to go on a run. Ugh ugh ugh. So I ate some of these AND didn't go on a run.
Saturday night, Jess and I went and saw A Chorus Line at the Ivory Theater... it was a great show and far cheaper than The Fox.
Sunday, the Roo Bear and I went on a run and then David and I went to church. I made soup for Soup Monday at work (White Turkey Chili) and for David's Law Fraternity to serve to the shelter (Broccoli Cheese). We've decided that I am probably more helpful to the club than actual members, but I don't mind. We got to serve the meal to the ladies last night, and that's some thing that's always fun.
This week: short work week! I am so excited!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to make these bakerella.com/its-beginning-to-look-a-lot-like-christmas/

    ReplyDelete