Sunday, November 8, 2009

Old Lady

So on Friday, I, along with Susan and Doris from the middle school, presented at the Missouri NEA teacher's meeting. Never mind that I'm not a teacher...somehow we got recruited to do this. We agreed to a 2-hour presentation, mostly because we've also agreed to give a 5-hour presentation on the same topic in December.
Yikes, huh? But Friday went very well....we had really good responses and have been approached by some schools in KC to do some staff development. Wouldn't that be loverly? If I could just travel around doing development?

Pipe dreams. Pipe dreams.

Afterwards, Susan and Doris took me out to a very delish birthday lunch at 400 Olive. I had some great Eggplant Lasagna and this wonderful mint-ice-cream-chocolate-cake-slice-of-heaven. Oh man.
The picture doesn't do it justice, but that was some good stuff!

After that debacle, I went on a run :) When I got home, David wanted me to open my gifts from him a day early...so I did. Without a fight. Because I'm nice like that.

Check out that masterful wrapping job! I was so tickled by that...so I had to take a picture before I even considered the contents!Ignore my sweaty red face and crazy-pants hair. I told you... post run!Whatever could it be??KITCHENAID MIXER!

KITCHENAID MIXER!!

KITCHENAID MIXER!Yeah... I was doing weird things with the tape. Weird.This gift....I really like, but David was concerned because I directly told him,
"NO MIZZOU GIFTS!"
But come on, this is funny.And, really, if I'm going to be with this man, I'm going to have to cave to the whole gold thing eventually, right?Some shots of the animals, because they're such good fur-babies.Wait one minute.... there's something new about this basement. I think something happened while I was in Atlanta.

Yep, David got crafty. And you all thought I was the only one.He's cute...and apparently utilized a coupon. The whole project only cost $20.
Yeah, I can support that.

That night we got some dinner...and a tower of onion rings. There was one shaped like a D (for David or Darcie...no one knows). However, a tower of onion rings is a bad choice. We both had to suffer some body grossness afterwards. Yuck-o!Saturday, my actual birthday, was pretty laid-back during the day. We lazed around, I cooked, and David cleaned. We played our last kickball game at 4:30...which we lost. We officially won ONE game this season.

Yipes.

Anyway, later on Saturday, we had some people over, which was nice. I didn't take any pictures...because I'm lame. But we had a good time. Some is hazy, but it was fun :)

Even more lame is that I took pictures of the kitchen/dining aftermath. David, my amazing husband, cleaned it all up. Love him!
Sunday it took an awful long time to get out of bed, especially when I realized that I had slept in the guest bed for some reason. After a gallon of water and some grease, we headed out,and stopped at Petsmart...they had an adoption event. OMG OMG OMG. You cannot show me a puppy and expect me not to love it and want to keep it. Seriously. It was like torture. I begged like a 4th grader trying to get an extra recess, but no luck.
Maggie gets to stay an only dog for a little longer. Booooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment