Wednesday, February 20, 2013

President's Day

Monday I had the day off of work and it was glorius!

I woke up at 6:15 (nearly 2 hours later than a normal day), ran 4 miles, and showered before either David or Mac were out of bed.  I love getting that done before others are awake.

Mac woke up with a little snuffly nose, but acted fine and didn't have a fever so we decided to go about our plans.

We met our friends Ace and Rochelle at the Science Center, where Mac loved the Discovery Room between meltdowns.  And my meltdowns, I mean literally melting the the floor in a sobbing heap whenever I told him no or tried to redirect him.

Sigh.  Thank goodness he's cute.





After that, we went and got a much-needed haircut.  This was Mac's first haircut without David coming along and I decided to just go to GreatClips.  Alone, I told the stylist that I wanted to save the curls in the back.  I think he looks amazing, but David has been arguing that Monster Man has a mullet.  And, really, he does...but it's so cute! 

I'll try to get better pictures tonight.

After that, we headed home for a much-needed nap after lunch.

Seriously, that kid needed a nap.

Then we went to target...because I am AMAZING at finding fun engaging activities for my child.  And we needed some things.

Mac's final activity of the day was his last swimming class.  Mac received a certificate, which I'm pretty sure just certifies that he didn't die.  But man... that kid loves the water.  No fear.





I finished up the evening by going to my Core Group through church.

It was a great day--one that I keep describing when trying to convince David that I should be a stay-at-home mom :)


No comments:

Post a Comment