Tuesday, September 29, 2009

After my 20 mile run on Saturday...

I took an ice bath, an Epsom salt bath, a shower, and a nap.

Oh, and I skipped kickball. I hurt a lot!!!!

Sadly, though, I lack the natural ability to just lounge on a couch and watch bad tv. I need a project...this can be something I do in concert with bad tv, but my hands need to be busy.


Enter: project pillow.






Our couches came with a collection of 7 really really ugly pillows. I didn't mind the main print so much, but the back of the pillows was the same fabric as the couch and they had the world's most horrible fringe on them.






I like fringe in small doses, usually on a flapper dress.


So I spent all afternoon ripping the pillows apart. Ugly fringe trashed and a giant bag of stuffing salvaged. I turned 7 ugly pillows into....

Nope. I'm going to wait until they're appropriately displayed on my surprise...which is coming all the way from Kansas on Saturday. Yay!

And, just because I'm weird, here are some pictures of my iPod that I killed...

You can't see it very well, but all the metal around the plug is corroded and crumbling away.

I started my 20 mile run (man, I like saying that) using a cheap-o iPod knock-off that Mom had scored free at an animal conference. And it died at mile 4. So the remaining 16 miles were all in my head. You can't even imagine the things I thought about and decided...that is too much time to think!

But I ordered a refurbished shuffle online... I hope it gets here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment