Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Lurkey!

Guess who came back to America for a visit....all the way from Australia??

That's right---Kira! I haven't seen her in about a year and a half. She was my first roomie when I moved to St. Louis. After she fled the states, her parents relocated to St. Louis (from California). Talk about luck--now I get to see her when she visits her family!
Thanksgiving was a whirlwind for David and me. We drove to Lyndon, KS on Wednesday (after I spent the day doing laundry and home repairs), dropped the fur-babies off at the clinic and hung out with Mom and Dad.
Turkey Day, I managed to get my run in early. The last few years, I went on a run after the big dinner and that always ends poorly. We ate a big, delicious dinner at Grandma Stainbrook (or Breadbasket, if David's telling the story). Seriously...it was the best Thanksgiving dinner I can remember. Grandma really stepped it up there. Dad, Grandpa, David, and I went on a drive through the country where we broke into some duck clubs and investigated the house where Dad's grandparents used to live in the 20's. David took off to Kansas City to his grandparents and I crashed at Grandma's...tucked into bed next to my congested mother :)
Friday...we went shopping. I love shopping after Thanksgiving with Mom and Grandma and that love is only magnified by the fact that we get to use Grandma's handicapped parking pass. That think is like gold. We went to Walmart, Target, Costco (but the line was too long), JC Penney's, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Kirklands, Borders, Macy's, and Dicks. I'm sure we probably went other places, but I've blocked them out. I bought a lot of presents and a Christmas tree!
Then, I went to dinner with David's Mom, her cousins, Danna, Liam, and Grandma Vandaveer. We had a great meal...especially with the goofy cousins. I like those ladies, but worry that I would get into a lot of trouble with them.
After lunch, Danna convinced me to go to the mall with her. It was a poor decision...but one that made me happy. I used cash for all of my holiday shopping this year, so at least there won't be any bank statements or credit card bills to shock me in the new year. Let's go budget!
That evening, we had a nice dinner that Debra made. Yum-o.
Saturday, we all gathered bright and early at Crown Center. David was nervous about making it to the KU-MU game on time...as evidenced by his stressed face below.

But, luckily, we were all happy to take pictures. I'm thinking at least one of these will be a Christmas card!




Ahhh. Look at the Mizzou Family :)



Baby Liam wants a smart car!






On to the game. We ran into a friend of David's family who had set up something very interesting at the tailgate.

Read the box closer... it says, "No Deuces."
Clever. Gross, but clever.

David stole my camera during the game, so I can offer no commentary about the pictures below. Enjoy...or just scroll through.



















Unfortunately, the Mizzou game was INCREDIBLY long, so we didn't make it back for my cousin's wedding reception. When I talked to the parents, they were already cleaning up from the party...so...we ended up staying in KC Saturday night too. The sad part about that is that Maggie and Veronica were still in Lyndon and Dad claimed that Maggie would rather live with him. So the fur-babies will be living with their grandparents until after our January trip.
I am lonely without them... David is studying too much and I had gotten used to talking to Maggie all night long.
Man, I sound lame. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment