Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Branson!


Hello everyone!

I haven't posted for a while-- I had a rough week (followed by a good weekend) and couldn't get a post off the ground.

I had been having pretty severe neck pain since June 22nd.  I brushed it off, thinking I had slept on it funny or strained it at the gym.  The only problem was that it never just went away.  After complaining like a big baby, David informed me that he didn't want me to go on the family trip to Branson unless I went to the doctor.

I ignored him.  But then, on Thursday the 1st, part of me ear swelled up pretty massively.  And I was in too much pain to finish my long run.

I went to the doctor.  Turns out, I had a soft tissue infection and the neck pain was from my MASSIVELY swollen lymph nodes.  I got some antibiotics, but moaned because that didn't help with the pain.

Still, because I have a superman complex, we headed to Branson Thursday night.  David's parents had rented a condo for the holiday weekend...and it was fun, even though I was pretty heavily relying on pain killers for most of the weekend.

We went fishing...
Found a BBQ restaurant named after David's sister...

Went tubing on Table Rock Lake...



Went shopping and dressed up the baby...

Acted my age...

And watched some fireworks with my honey...


All in all, it was a great trip.  Thanks to Dan and Debra for making it possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment