Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Kitchen!

The kitchen is coming along... I'm in the stage of cabinet painting where I've got to get the doors done.  Those are taking FOREVER.  Clean, degloss, prime, paint, paint, paint (that's three coats).  Then, I get to wait 3 days, flip them over, and do it again!

My painting area isn't very big--so I'm stuck doing just a few doors at a time.

I'll be done with the doors sometime in January, at which point I will tackle the counter top.

Today, though, I found something awesome.  See, my backsplash is pink (for some reason) and I don't really care for it.  I mean, seriously.  I'm a big girl.  I don't want a pink kitchen.
I was going to paint the tiles gray...but then I got to thinking about all the grout lines and that just seemed overwhelming.

Enter: faux tile sheets.
Doesn't it look like it took ages?

Nope, 23 minutes.

Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. They are so very moldovan... like the gates. I love it!

    ReplyDelete