Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Turkey Day

I hope everyone had a good Turkey Day... I think it's one of my favorite holidays of the year.  
For the past two years, David and I have managed to balance both our families with zero conflicts or drama--you have to love that!

After Grandma's outstanding meal, we headed out to let Cher pick her gun for deer hunting.

Larry pulled some guns out of his truck... impressive, no?

More impressive when posed next to some Bud Light.

Cher dressed up for the occasion-- wearing boots, tights, and a dress to practice shooting.
It only could have been better if she was wearing pearls.

David got in on the action...
But I chose to take self-portraits instead.

I think the little guns are scarier than the big ones!

The next morning, Grandma, Mom, and I headed to Kansas City to do some shopping...and nearly ran out of gas on the way.  As we were leaving Paola, Mom wanted to fill up, but Grandma refused.
With 39 miles until Empty, you can understand why Mom wanted to fill up.  
We pulled into the gas station in Olathe with 9 miles left to go.  Turns out, Grandma had a coupon she wanted to use.  She assured us that she wouldn't have cut it so close if she had been in the car alone... apparently, she felt safer with Mom and me there.

After shopping, I met up with David and his family for another turkey dinner.  Yum, yum!

And some time playing with the baby :)

Saturday, the boys went to the Mizzou-KU game and I went to lunch with Debra, Danna, and Debra's cousins.  After that, I met up with my friend Cari to meet her 5 month old, Kai.
Darling!  
At one point he was staring at me and Cari said, "Kai likes you."  I informed her that I had just been holding Liam and maybe he smelled the other baby on me.
Wrong-o, Darcie.  Babies aren't like dogs when it comes to that.

I need to read a book about babies.

After that, back to David's grandma's house for more Liam time.

It was a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment