Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weekend without a run

For the first time in years (literally--no exaggeration), I went a whole weekend and DIDN'T GO RUNNING.

Can you believe that?

I've got to say... I'm kind of loving not being on a strict training plan right now.  Saturday, I woke up without an alarm (at 8, incidentally) and went to the Farmer's Market, the library, and grocery store.  While David watched the Mizzou vs. K-State game, I went for a lovely long swim.  (I think it's a smart plan for me to abdicate the house when our alma maters are playing each other, don't you?)  Then I came home and cooked.

I forgot how much I love to cook.  It's easy to forget fun stuff after and ice bath.

So I made two kinds of soup and french bread.  I also cooked up some pork chops for a scrumptious dinner.

I swear, David acted like I had just learned to cook.

Anyway, I also had the energy for a girls' night with my darling Jess.

Sunday was also as glorious...more baking (getting ahead for holiday baking and freezing) and then actually cleaning my disaster of a kitchen :)

I also got to go BIKE SHOPPING, on a bike ride, to church, and do some reading.

It might have been the best, most relaxing weekend in a long time.  Maybe it's because we haven't been in town for a whole weekend in, horrifyingly, MONTHS, but it was still lovely.  It makes me wonder whether training for a marathon is all it's cracked up to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment