Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eating like a man

For Christmas, Mo put this awesome mesh baby eating gizmo in his stocking.  I recently rediscovered it (upon some belated cabinet cleaning) and stuck it in the bag for our trip last weekend to Kansas.

On Saturday, Mac used it to eat half of a banana.

On Sunday, Mac upped his game and demolished an entire banana.

This is after nursing and eating pureed baby food.

I swear, he's going to eat me out of house and home before he's 2.

Last night, after nursing and eating chicken, pears, and green beans, I decided to give Mac some peaches.
 

 The kid ate FOUR (4) peach slices.
 And, man alive, was he thrilled about it.

I decided that he should try to eat them without the bag...and that went alright.  The slices disappeared a little quicker that way because he just gulped them down.  The bag helped him slow down and enjoy the peaches.

And, just to keep it real, here's what the living room looked like during meal time.
It's been worse.  I will point out that I used the yellow shirt on the couch as a rag to wipe up some peach juice.  

Then Mac sat in his chair and watched me do some Jillian Michaels.

No comments:

Post a Comment