Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Battlegrounds

A couple of weekends ago, I ran my first ever mud run with some girls from work.  It was AMAZING.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into--as evidenced by this pre-race picture where I look clean and perky.

The race was so cool-- it was five miles with 40 (I think) obstacles.  The embarrassing part is that I thought the race was a 5K until I saw a billboard on the way there.  Then I realized it was 5 miles.  Ooops.

So the race involved leaping over walls, crawling under things, splashing through muddy creek beds, a 100 foot slide, blind jumps off ledges into muddy water, swimming under obstacles in muddy water, rope ladders, rope bridges, and other things I can't even think.  And it was awesome!  David and Mac came along for support and took some great pictures, all of which I have uploaded to Facebook.

I can't figure out how to get them here because David took them on his phone...so...you should friend me on Facebook and look at them there.

At any rate, here we are after the race. 


We're so tough.  It's a blessing this picture is blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment