Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cooking

So, I am a nerd. I fell in love with this pretzel dip that a secretary at work made and decided that I want to serve that dip and Gus's pretzels at the reception in St. Louis. The only issue is that the recipe Shelley gave me makes a TON of dip, but I had no way to guess how many servings that would be.


Thank God for basic math and kitchen scales.


I weighed my bowl, mixed up the dip, and weighed again....figuring out that the dip itself weighed 2 lb 3.4 oz. That's a lot of dip! Then I took it over to Tara's and shared (sadly, Jess doesn't like mustard/onions...uh oh). After 3 pretzels were gonzo, I figured we had eaten 4.1 oz of dip.


Sadly, at that point, I had too much wine in my system to divide.


It's cool, because I multi-tasked during church, and discovered that the recipe will make about 25 servings of dip. I'm going to say 20ish just to be safe.



It might not look delish, but this is the same dip that Cher managed to get all over my pants in a tornado of eating.


I also decided to make some truffles... kind of a test run on things I might give to shower hostesses or (honestly) just eat on my own.



I ate one and almost passed out...seriously, that's a yummy hunk of chocolate. I mashed up a package of oreos and mixed with a block of cream cheese before dunking in melted chocolate and sprinkling pretties on top. Easy...and heavenly.



The dogs stared at me the whole time. Silly puppies...dogs can't eat chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment