Monday, May 11, 2009

Sharing photos

I'm a sucker for photos...I hate scrapbooking, but I love reliving moments and pouring over a photo album.  The digital age slightly saddens me, mostly because there's not the thrill of developing a roll and seeing if you captured something good or bad.  However, I do love how technology lets you share and comment on pictures.

Enter the shutterfly wedding website.


What I'm thinking is that I'm going to print up little cards and hand them out at the receptions.  That will give people our new address (of the home I'm buying!!  !!  !! Still excited!!  !!  !!) and then a link to this site to upload shots.   For a while, we were tossing around the idea of putting disposable cameras on tables, but the money and energy involved in doing that angers and exhausts me.
(I'm actually singing in this picture, but you get the idea.)

Plus, I'd want to convert those pictures to digital anyway...so I figure I'm going to save a step and about $500.

My only fear is that this is tacky...is it?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's tacky. We had the disposable cameras at our wedding, and of the pictures taken, we kept only about 1/4 of them. I think the idea is neat. :)

    ReplyDelete