Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bed Bath and Beyond--Where Love Goes to Die

On Tuesday, I called my sister in law and left a voice mail that said, "I hate registering."
See, on Saturday David and I traveled to the blackhole that is Bed Bath and Beyond. We went at like 10:30, thinking we would be done in time for a nice lunch together.
WRONG. By 1:30 we were still staring at various items, arguing over which white shower curtain we should register. Seriously? Neither one of us cared enough, but my blood sugar was low enough (I am cranky when I hungry!) that I was looking for a battle.
Poor David. He kept suggesting that we take a break to get lunch and I was already far too irrational to listen. :)

So we fled from Bed Bath and Beyond to the nearest Chipotle, where I ate an entire burrito and drank two massive Diet Cokes... then, as punishment for being "too picky" I forced David to go to Hobby Lobby.

I got sick in Hobby Lobby. Stupid burrito!!

As it turns out, Cher is a wealth of knowledge about registering and, after our conversation, I was willing to give registries another go.

Thank God for Target! It was so much more fun--the scanner worked (oh yeah, the BBB one was 1/2 broken) and was logical. We registered for fun things like a cat tie and dog toys (who is surprised???) and then David stole the scanner and I'm pretty sure he stuck other silly things on. It's cool... according to Cher, I can change the registry and bridal etiquette says I don't have to tell David. Shhhhh!!

I don't have a picture of this event...so here's the very first picture of David and I together.

Awwwwwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment