Friday, May 8, 2009

Feet and Rings

So, I've decided that I want wedding shoes with a little personality. Mom and I picked out a pair of off-white, classy pumps the day we got the dress, but I'm feeling a little more unique--a bright color or something.

The problem is, I have the world's ugliest feet. Seriously...and, on top of naturally ugly feet, I am in the process of losing about 5 toenails due to the pounding of a half marathon in the rain. So I'm tied to close-toe options. In my head, it's also a slingback with a kitten heel. Here's the top two competitors online right now... both cheaper than the already purchased pair.






Thoughts on these?

Yesterday I popped into famous footwear and freaked out at how much I liked these lovelies...

Seriously, swoon. So I bought them, ignoring my upcoming toenaillessness. I'm figuring that I can probably wear them for engagement pics (to be taken 5/17)...so whatever outfit I choose for that will have to match. :) I drove across the street to Walgreens and bought a ped-egg and foot lotion. I hate pedicures, but I'm going to give some at-homing a try.

So pretty.

On another note, I decided that I don't want to put our rings on a silly little lacy pillow....but I worry about just shoving them in David's pocket (or down the front of my dress, ha). So I found this on etsy.com It says "Be happy Be Loving Be True." I think I'll hang it in our bathroom or bedroom or somewhere.
I took all of these pictures on my bedspread...so just ignore the Maggie hair :)

2 comments:

  1. I heart your taste in shoes! :) Those purple ones really look like you. And they go well with crossword puzzles. The Goldbergs had a quiz at their wedding, so you can totally pull off a fun crossword!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple Mary Janes. I'm sad my feet look fat(ter) in anything with a strap over the top. You should totally get them!

    ReplyDelete