Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Freezing

I was stupid yesterday.  Very very stupid.  We’re having “dangerously cold” weather here and I decided to go on a run. 
A run outside, because I am still resisting my urge to join a gym and hemorrhage money for a place I will ultimately hate because it’s too crowded.  Plus, I hate running on a treadmill.
So, after work I dressed in layers of running clothes and threw on my big puffy vest for good measure.  Because my water belt wouldn’t fit over the big puffy vest, I just threw one of my 10 oz water thingies in my pocket and took off.
All of the sudden, my left hand was miserably cold.  So cold that I started using very unladylike words and wondered how long it takes frost bite to begin.  Then, my left hip was also painfully cold.  I couldn’t figure out why my right side was, by comparison, toasty warm (with really meant not-quite-so-excruciatingly-cold).
I look down.  I see ice rivers trailing down my left leg.  It turns out that I had neglected to close my water bottle completely and about 8 oz of water had trickled out…and immediately frozen. 
This means it’s too cold to run, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment