Thursday, January 21, 2010

My day off!

Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day…meaning that I didn’t have to go to work.
Ahhhh. Let’s just take a minute and breathe.
I, overall, had a glorious weekend. David was working on cite checks and other very important law school things all day, every day…so I got caught up. House is clean, all laundry (including sheets!) is washed, dishes done, etc.
You know, I think it’s a sign that I’m getting old/boring if my definition of a glorious weekend is that the house is clean I and did laundry. Oh well…
Thinking back on it, I did more than just clean. I ran a 10k on Saturday morning. My time wasn’t as good as I would have liked…I had been sick the week before and skipped my long run (which I never, ever, ever do…but I couldn’t move).
We also went to a surprise birthday party on Saturday. Some of the law school kids were playing drinking games. They decided that my new official name is “Lady Brady.” Cute…I really kind of like it.
Sunday, baby Liam celebrated his first birthday. He had a traumatic morning involving the ER and a reaction to some medicine, but pulled it together for the party. What a trooper!


Look at this cake!!! It’s a monkey! I totally am going to try to make one of these sometime. Maybe David’s birthday? Or St. Patrick’s Day?





After the party, Baby Liam went back to the ER. All’s well, but it was a little tense for a bit.
Yesterday, I finished up a massive project for work. I know it was a “day off” but this had been weighing over my head for a long time and I just wanted to be done thinking about it. After that, I went on a run. My time was MUCH better than during the race. I did an 8:22/mile. Thank goodness—I had been a little down on myself for the 9:05 pace 10k. This faster run was exactly what the doctor ordered.

After that, I went shopping. We FINALLY have a nightstand of sorts for the guest room.
And milk. We needed milk :)


No comments:

Post a Comment