Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Snow and Snack City

As I got off work today, it was SNOWING. Beautiful, big, fluffy snow.
I decided to go ahead and run outside....but put on my Yak Traks for a little traction. I first heard of these things when I was in the Peace Corps. We had harsh winters, so we were supplied a pair of these each. They're amazing on slippery and icy paths.
Since I wanted to take a picture of my feet (weird, I know), I decided to take my camera along on my run.
My typical outdoor run is along Grant's Trail (which is blissfully flat) and Clydesdale Park (which is nothing but an evil hill).
I run past Grant's Farm...home of the Anheuser-Busch/In-Bev Clydesdales. Aren't they cool? Careful, though...HORSES MAY BITE.
Grant's Farm is also home to a zoo/farm type thing. I can't really describe it because I have never been. Yeah, that's right. I run by this place at least 4 times a week and haven't ever gone. I think we need to remedy this situation, stat.
And, because I took my camera, I decided to take a picture of myself post-run. It was only a 4-miler today, so I still look pretty happy :)

Tomorrow is book club, which I love. It's also a night for living on snacks and wine. And, really, not talking very much about the book at all. We all read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn for this month. Well...I still have 30 more pages to go, but I'm confident I can pull that off before bed tonight. If not, no one will yell at me. We're nice like that.
Usually, we start book club at 7pm. However, this time I'm hosting and, because boot camp doesn't get over until 6:30, I managed to talk the girls into waiting until 7:30 to start. This way I can take a quick shower and transform myself from "Sweat Monster" into "Wet Haired Girl." She's far better smelling than "Sweat Monster."
Considering that I will have just finished busting my pa-tooty working out, I've been trying to find some healthier snacks to share. Of course, I will over-indulge, but it would be nice if some of what is provided is less evil.

Right?

Right.

Here's my plan...

I found a recipe for Dilled Yogurt Cheese.

Have you heard about this? Basically, you mix plain, fat-free yogurt with some spices (dill and garlic here, yum) and then strain in a coffee filter for hours. After some magical point, the yogurt starts to look/taste like goat cheese.
I like goat cheese....so I'm hoping this
eventually becomes something I can eat. If that works, I am seriously in heaven. Finished, it's only 25 calories for 1 T. I can support that, especially paired with flat-bread crackers. Hoo-hoo!

I found another recipe for pizza roll-ups. Fat-free croissants, pizza sauce, light cheese...rolled up and baked. Please, please, please be good...because you'll be about 75 cals a pop. And that sounds good to me.
I hope these look better after I bake them. Because, now...not so yummy looking.

Alright, time to go clean the house. David's agreed to do the floors tomorrow after his class, so I just need to get the kitchen spotless and put our junk that piles up away.

I love book club!

No comments:

Post a Comment