Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hiatus

It looks like it might be time for me to either take a hiatus from running or cut WAAAAY back.

It's starting to hurt.  Ok, it's not starting to hurt--it's just plain hurting.  A lot.

On Easter, I woke up early and, because we were going to late church and it wasn't raining yet, decided to go for a run.  I love running--even now.  My body loosens up and I have time to think.  I was feeling good.

So I ran 4 miles...rather than the 3 I was planning to do.  I got home, showered, and got ready for church.

It was after church that I started to really hurt.  I think it must have been sitting for an hour, but I was moving slow on the way out to the car.  We went out to lunch and I could barely walk out to the car after the meal.

I spent the rest of the way whining and aching.

It's my hips.  They hate me.

Yesterday, I was still really sore.

It's frustrating, but my doctor told me I would know when it was time to stop running...and I guess I know.

Booo.

No comments:

Post a Comment