Saturday, July 9, 2011

1 week til due date!

1 week!  I have one week until my due date!

Here's hoping that The Cactus takes after meet and arrives on time or ahead of schedule and not his "fashionably late" father :)

Yesterday, my friend Henselface (not really her name, but what I call her for some reason) went to get a massage.  Mine was prenatal and her was Swedish, I think.  It was amazing.  I haven't had a professional massage in years and had been suffering through this pregnancy by what I can beg out of David at night.  The lady really focused on my back and hips...and I was able to stay in bed until 7:30 this morning.  That's a miracle--usually I wake up about 3 with aches and spend the rest of the night on the couch, watching tv.  No wonder I'm sleepy all the time :)

The massage was relaxing, but also weird.  The lady who massaged me was the owner, who informed me that I was the "most pregnant" person she had ever worked on.  And then she talked to me for the entire massage.    I found out that she has a 19-month-old son who weighed 11.5 lbs at birth.  She had gestational diabetes and gained 65 pounds, but has lost 70 pounds, giving her a current weight of 175.  She would like to weigh 150 before getting pregnant again, but she's not too worried about that since her son co-sleeps and she has to schedule sex.

She was very sweet and entertaining...but I have to say I prefer a silent massage.  Those are usually common. I also prefer a silent haircut, but those are harder to find!

Since I was so close to my due date, I convinced her to hit the pressure points that are usually avoided during a prenatal massage.  There are some in the calves, feet, and back.  She complied, but no baby yet :(

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I got a massage the day I went into labor, sorry she didn't trigger you! Though it wouldn't hurt to keep trying. Nothing wrong with more massages! :)

    ReplyDelete