Friday, July 29, 2011

Jumping to Conclusions

I'm deeply in love with Maclin, but he's not helping me be the most rational, calm person.  I'm not exactly thinking through situations before jumping to conclusions.

For example... Wednesday afternoon, I opened the refrigerator and noticed the light wasn't working.  I closed it and panicked that it was broken.  After a couple hours and decreasing temperatures in the freezer/fridge areas, I was sure.

Mom and I moved food to the deep freeze and David's beer fridge in the basement...and, when David arrived home from taking the Bar, I told him we needed a new fridge.  Mom watched Big Mac and we ran out and purchased a new fridge to be delivered on Saturday.

Problem solved, right?

Nope.  On Thursday, Mom thought it might be a good idea to check the outlet before the new fridge arrived. Turns out the outlet didn't work...so I called Sears to cancel the fridge and made plans to call and electrician today.

David popped over to our neighbor Sam's house to ask him if he knew of a good electrician and he offered to check it out for us.

TURNS OUT, the GFI on a near by outlet had been tripped.  No need for a new fridge.  No need for an electrician.  Nope, I just needed to push the little button labeled "reset."

Cheese and Rice.  Normally, I'm good at thinking things through.  At the end of the day, I am thrilled that we didn't need to spend nearly a grand on a fridge or any money on an electrician; however, I am more than slightly embarrassed that I immediately freaked out.

Maclin's killing my logic. 

It's a good thing he's cute. 

(sorry for the picture of my thighs.)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, those cute little buggers suck all the functioning brain cells right out of you. They come back in 9-18 months; well most of them anyway. There will suddenly be a day that you'll hit on all cylinders again and be like "oh that's what I used to be like." In the mean time just go with haze and blame the hormones.

    ReplyDelete