Friday, September 16, 2011

Tour de Baby

Big Mac and I traveled to Kansas last week for his official Tour de Baby.
My little sister is getting married the 24th, so we decided it might be nice to parade Maclin around before the ceremony.  We're hoping he only steals some of her thunder...not all :)

I didn't manage to take pictures of everyone Mac met, but here's a smattering.

On the way in and out of town, Maclin stopped in and met his Great-Grandparents (David's Grandparents) and 3rd cousin, Zaden.

We spent a day in Lyndon, where Mac dressed up like his grandpa, Doc Al
That day, Maclin went to 2 banks, an insurance agency, a pizza restaurant, a dentist office, and various other places that I forgot.  Nana was enjoying parading him around a little bit.

On Saturday, Mac and I went to KC on our own.  I met up with some girls from college.
 Shelley's baby, Michael, was really excited by Mac.

After that, I got fitted for my dress for Lindy's wedding, where my darling Erin held him.  Of course, I forgot to take a picture...because I was so distracted by the peanut butter pie I ate at Perkins.  Erin got to sit in the car with me while I nursed Mac in the parking lot, which I'm sure she enjoyed.

Then we met up with my siblings at Kyle and Cher's house--it was the first time Mac met Aunt Cher, who might have been convinced to trade her dogs for a baby.  Baxter and Kevin are a little excitable :)

The next day was Lindy's bridal shower, where Mac met another set of Great Grandparents for the first time (my paternal set) and then got carried around for a long time by various relatives.
 Luckily, my big man is a good sport.
We even got a 4 generation picture.

On Monday, we went to Junction City where Maclin met Lucille. 

Lucille is the lady who gave me my heart wall hanging. You can read about it here.

We stopped in Manhattan on the way back from there so Maclin could have a little purple in his life.
Go cats!

Dinner was in Topeka, where Mac met Brian, Gayle, and Megan, who are some family friends.
On Tuesday, I went home. Thank goodness my mother-in-law, Debra rode out and back with me.  I was exhausted!

Maclin was a trooper for the entire trip.  He was handled by probably over 50 different people and carted around the state.  He never freaked out, was SUPERB on the 5 hour drive to and from AND slept for 6.5-7.5 hours each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment