Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baby Pancakes

 I mentioned yesterday that Mac is a good eater.  One of his MOST FAVORITE things in the world are the baby pancakes I make for him.  I love them because they're easy, freeze well, and aren't messy at all to take with us--unlike bananas or yogurt.

Here's the recipe, courtesy of Momtastic.


 1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cups uncooked baby barley cereal
1/2 cups uncooked baby oatmeal cereal
1 cup breast milk or formula (yep, breast milk--so many uses!)
 1/2 cup mashed banana (or fruit of your choice)
1 Tbsp melted margarine or butter
3 egg yolks
Apple juice
Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla to taste

Mix ingredients together and add enough juice to make a pancake like consistency.


Cook in pan as you would a "regular" pancake.
 

They're soft for baby gums and pull apart easily when out and about.  Plus, I can throw whatever fruit I have on hand in--I'm thinking the next batch might feature blueberries, since they're typically a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment